Monday, February 10, 2014
The whole school is excited about our upcoming Book Fair. An amazing selection of books is headed our way! At the Book Fair you will find the latest and finest titles for kids, as well as books of interest to parents. Mark your calendar for our Family Event where the whole family can join in the fun. And, you can contribute books to your child's classroom library. The Book Fair is a great way to get everyone excited about reading. Here's a brief video that highlights the big dreams that can be realized through family reading : VIDEO
See you at the Book Fair!
Mon, Feb 24
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Student Shopping: You can shop online too 24hrs a day!
Tue, Feb 25
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Student Shopping
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Evening Family Event
We accept the following payment methods at our fair:
* Credit Cards
at 3:30 PM
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Friday, January 31, 2014
- George Washington : Teeth were made from elephant and walrus tusks, not wood.
- John Adams : First to live in the White House.
- Thomas Jefferson : Spoke 6 different languages.
- James Madison : Smallest President at 5'4", under 100 lbs.
- James Monroe : Died on the 4th of July, 1831.
- John Quincy : Son of John Adams.
- Andrew Jackson : First President to ride in a train.
- Martin Van Buren : First President born an American citizen.
- William Henry Harrison : President for only 31 days.
- John Taylor : Had 15 children.
- James K. Polk : First President to serve a nation from coast to coast.
- Zachary Taylor : Never voted for a President.
- Millard Fillmore : First President to have a stove and running water in the White House.
- Franklin Pierce : Memorized his entire inaugural speech - 3,319 words.
- James Buchanan : Never married.
- Abraham Lincoln : Tallest President, First President to be assassinated.
- Andrew Johnson : Was buried wrapped in an American flag with a copy of the Constitution.
- Ulysses S. Grant : Was fined $20 for speeding with his horse and carriage.
- Rutherford B. Hayes : First President to use a phone - his phone number was 1.
- James A. Garfield : Could write with both hands at the same time - in different languages.
- Chester A. Arthur : Changed his pants several times a day - he owned 80 pairs of pants.
- Grover Cleveland : First and only President married in the White House.
- Benjamin Harrison : First President to have electric lights and a Christmas tree in the White House.
- Grover Cleveland : First and only President to ever serve 2 non-consecutive terms.
- William McKinley : First President to use campaign buttons.
- Theodore Roosevelt : Youngest person ever to be President.
- William H. Taft : Heaviest President - 332 lbs.
- Woodrow Wilson : Dreamed of being a stage performer.
- Warren G. Harding : Gambled away a set of White House china.
- Calvin Coolidge : Only President born on the 4th of July.
- Herbert Hoover : Spoke Chinese to his wife to keep their stories private.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt : Only President to serve more than 2 terms.
- Harry S. Truman : Read every book in his hometown library.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower : Commander of Allied Forces during World War II
- John F, Kennedy : Youngest elected President, first Catholic President.
- Lyndon B. Johnson : Was an auto mechanic and teacher before being President.
- Richard M. Nixon : Recommended a play to the Miami Dolphins in Super Bowl VI.
- Gerald R. Ford : Held his daughter's High School prom in the White House.
- Jimmy Carter : First President born in a hospital.
- Ronald Reagan : Oldest President (69-77).
- George Bush : Survived 4 plane crashes during World War II.
- William J. Clinton : Played the saxophone on national TV.
- George W. Bush : Has a collection of over 250 signed baseballs.
- Barack Obama : The first African-American President.
* fun facts were gathered from MisterGWorld website
at 10:31 AM